Terms and Conditions INKOM Participation
Article 1 Definitions
- INKOM: The general introduction week organized by Maastricht University and Zuyd Hogeschool for new students. The INKOM takes place at a date determined by the organization.
- Organization: The people responsible for the organization of the INKOM. These include the Workgroup INKOM, Central Post, MECC-cie, Technos, Logistics Team and Crew; including Drivers, Press and General Crew.
- Mentors: Tutors of INKOM participants. Per INKOM group, consisting of approximately 10 participants 2 mentors will be assigned.
- Participants: Prospective students/freshmen of Maastricht University and Zuyd Hogeschool participating in the INKOM.
- Security personnel: The persons charged with maintaining security and safety during the INKOM. These include: Police, Fire Brigade, Security personnel, and First Aid.
- Participating parties: Parties with which the organization has established a partnership agreement for the INKOM. These include: student parties, sponsors, and other organizations.
Article 2 General conditions
- The ‘Terms and Conditions INKOM Participation’ apply to participation in the INKOM.
- The participants must adhere to regulations and/or instructions of the INKOM organization and/or security personnel.
- The organization reserves the right to contact the parents/guardians at all times if it deems necessary, for example in case of accidents, hospitalizations or emergency.
Article 3 Participation INKOM
- Participation in the INKOM takes place after a successful registration and payment has taken place, by means of medium made available by the organization. The certificate of participation is the valid proof for the Registrations of the INKOM, after the Registrations, the INKOM wristband becomes the certificate of participation.
- Certificates of participation, MECC-tickets, or other tickets for INKOM events cannot be reversed after purchase.
- Only with an original certificate of participation, or by post-registration by the organization, can the participant receive an INKOM wristband.
- By wearing the INKOM wristband the participant acquires access to the various events during the INKOM. At INKOM event locations, the organization and security personnel can ask participants to show their wristband.
- The INKOM wristband is strictly personal and not transferable.
- In case of damage to the INKOM wristband, it is no longer valid. Participants may receive a new wristband at the Central Post (Bonnefantenstraat 2), upon presentation of the damaged, however complete INKOM wristband, to be determined by the organization.
Article 4 House Rules
- Participants are required to be in possession of a valid ID and Student Identity Card or proof of enrolment. They are furthermore required to be able to legitimize themselves upon request of the organization and/or security.
- Participants may be searched prior to or during the event upon request of the organization and/or security. In this case, participants have the right to be searched by someone of their own sex.
- Participants must follow all instructions of the organization and/or security.
- Participants shall not jeopardise public order and safety in any way.
- Trade in and use or possession of soft and/or hard drugs is not permitted.
- It is not permitted to smoke in the indoor locations. Smoking is only allowed for participants who are 18 years or older, in designated areas.
- It is not permitted to carry (hard) liquor, food or dangerous objects (such as cutting or stabbing weapons, melee or thrust weapons, firearms, fireworks, clubs, aerosols, sprays, tins, glass etc.) to the event. These will be confiscated by the organization and/or security.
- It is not permitted to carry professional (digital) cameras, cameras with a lens >70 mm, video- and / or sound equipment. These will be confiscated by the organization and/or security. It is possible to retrieve them from the organization after the event.
- Bicycles and vehicles are to be parked in the designated spaces only. Wrongly parked bicycles and vehicles can be removed by the organization and/or security. It is, on arrangement, possible to retrieve them from the organization. The organization can not be held liable in any way for any damages caused by the removal of wrongly parked bicycles and vehicles.
- Entering the event terrain is at your own risk. The organization can not be held liable for any injury and/or material or immaterial damage, except in case of intent, significant blame or gross negligence on the side of the organization.
- Objects may –under some circumstances- be confiscated and returned upon leaving the venue, all at the discretion of the organization and/or security.
- The organization is not liable for any loss or theft of personal property.
- It is forbidden to climb on attributes or scaffolds.
- Aggressive behavior is not permitted.
- The event program is with reservation. Cancellations and/or changes in the event program can in no way result in restitution of proof of participation and/or MECC Tickets.
- For events with a limited capacity the following applies: if the location has reached its maximum capacity, entrance will be refused.
- It is not permitted to bring along any (pet) animals.
- With regards to situations not covered by “Terms and Conditions INKOM Participation”, decisions regarding possible measures are at the organization’s discretion. The organization’s decision is binding.
- In the case that the participant does not uphold the “Terms and Conditions INKOM Participation”, entrance will be denied or the participant will be removed by the organization and/or security.
- Denial of entrance or removal from the terrain by the organization and/or security in the above mentioned cases, can in no way result in restitution of proof of participation and/or MECC Tickets.
Article 5 Alcohol policy
- During the INKOM, participants are to obey the rules regarding the 'Drank- en Horecawet'. This means that persons under the age of 18 are not allowed to drink alcohol.
- Participants are ought to be aware of the content of this policy by accepting this condition.
- All participants will receive an age wristband after presenting a valid ID to one of the INKOM desks. These wristbands will qualify participants as either 18+ or 18- through their respective colours.
- Participants are ought to wear an age wristband at all times. These age wristbands are obtained at the Registrations. In case of loss of an age wristband, the participant is responsible for retrieving a new wristband from the organization.
- At ‘Horeca Exploitatie Punten’ (bar) of the INKOM, it is only possible to order alcoholic drinks in possession of a 18+ age wristband. No alcohol will be given to participants without an age wristband or with a 18- wristband.
- The consumption of alcoholic drinks is not permitted for participants with a 18- age wristband.
- Persons of 18 years or older are not allowed to get, pour or make alcohol available for other participants that are not allowed to drink alcohol.
- In case of fraud or illegitimate use of the age wristband, the participant in question will be excluded from participating in the INKOM, unless decided by Workgroup INKOM otherwise.
- Participants that do not obey the regulations that are mentioned above will be addressed. The workgroup INKOM will decide upon the consequences of the violated rules. When a participant has not yet reached the age of 18, the INKOM organization may contact the parents/caretakers of the participant.
Article 6 Liability
- Participation in the INKOM is at the participant’s own risk. The organization cannot be held liable for any injury and/or damage, material or immaterial, except in cases of intent, serious misconduct or gross omission of the organization.
- The organization is not liable for indirect and/or consequential injuries and/or damages suffered by the participant. Indirect and consequential injury and/or damage include material and immaterial injury and/or damage.
- Participants should take care themselves to register for an adequate accident, injury and liability insurance.
- Participant indemnifies the organization from any liability of damages caused by the acts or omissions of third parties.
- Neither party is liable for a breach of these ‘Terms and Conditions INKOM Participation’, if it is the result of force majeure, even if the organization receives any advantage as a result of force majeure. Force majeure shall mean any circumstance out of the will of the organization, thus partially or wholly preventing its obligations to participants or by which the fulfillment of its obligations cannot be required from the organization, whether these circumstances or events were foreseen or foreseeable at the time of acceptance. These circumstances or events include, in any case but are not limited to: war, fire, storms/tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, labor disputes, strikes, epidemics, student mourning, government regulations and/or similar regulations, embargoes, non-compliance by suppliers or other third-parties.
Article 7 Refund/Cancellation
- In case any INKOM event does not proceed due to force majeure (as stated in article 5, paragraph 5), the organization does not provide reimbursement or compensation, in any form whatsoever. Nor can the participant claim access to another event as replacement.
- The organization does not, in principle, provide reimbursement or compensation, in any form whatsoever, of participation fees. In case of serious circumstances, the organization can consider on a participant’s request. The Workgroup INKOM reserves the final decision about possible, and the value of, reimbursement or compensation. Reimbursement requests ought to be send in before the 13th of September 2019, three weeks after the INKOM. Later requests will not be taken into consideration.
Article 8 Property
- Any commercial use of the name and/or logo of the organization and/or its event is strictly prohibited, except when the written consent of the Workgroup INKOM has been given.
- Participating parties are not allowed to promote themselves on, or in sight of, INKOM event locations, unless otherwise agreed with the Workgroup INKOM.
Article 9 Privacy
Article 10 Final Provision
- For complaints or comments, an email can be sent to: email@example.com.
- In case one or more obligations of these ‘Terms and Conditions INKOM Participation’ are declared void or are considered voidable, the remaining provisions of these terms remain in full force. The organization will determine new obligations as replacements of these voidable obligations, in which the character of the agreed on obligations will be taken into account.
- These Terms and Conditions may only be waived by a written decision of the Workgroup INKOM, which is signed by the Workgroup INKOM.
- To these Terms and Conditions and all legal relationships that may exist between the Workgroup INKOM and participants only the Dutch law is applicable.
- In case of disputes, parties will always consult first, in order to resolve the dispute amicably. If parties do not succeed, despite their efforts, a settlement will be reached by the Court of Limburg.