Terms and Conditions INKOM Participation
Article 1 Definitions
- INKOM: The general introduction week organized by Maastricht University and Zuyd Hogeschool for new students. The INKOM takes place at a date determined by the organization.
- Organization: The people responsible for the organization of the INKOM. These include the Workgroup INKOM, Central Post, MECC-cie, Technos, Logistics Team and Crew; including Drivers, Press and General Crew.
- Mentors: Tutors of INKOM participants. Per INKOM group, consisting of approximately 10 participants 2 mentors will be assigned.
- Participants: Prospective students/freshmen of Maastricht University and Zuyd Hogeschool participating in the INKOM.
- Security personnel: The persons charged with maintaining security and safety during the INKOM. These include: Police, Fire Brigade, Security personnel, and First Aid.
- Participating parties: Parties with which the organization has established a partnership agreement for the INKOM. These include: student parties, sponsors, and other organizations.
Article 2 General conditions
- The ‘Terms and Conditions INKOM Participation’ apply to participation in the INKOM.
- The participants must adhere to regulations and/or instructions of the INKOM organization and/or security personnel.
- The organization reserves the right to contact the parents/guardians at all times if it deems necessary, for example in case of accidents, hospitalizations or emergency.
Article 3 Participation INKOM
- Participation in the INKOM takes place after a successful registration and payment has taken place, by means of medium made available by the organization. The certificate of participation is the valid proof for the Registrations of the INKOM, after the Registrations, the INKOM wristband becomes the certificate of participation.
- Certificates of participation, MECC-tickets, or other tickets for INKOM events cannot be reversed after purchase.
- Only with an original certificate of participation, or by post-registration by the organization, can the participant receive an INKOM wristband.
- By wearing the INKOM wristband the participant acquires access to the various events during the INKOM. At INKOM event locations, the organization and security personnel can ask participants to show their wristband.
- The INKOM wristband is strictly personal and not transferable.
- In case of damage to the INKOM wristband, it is no longer valid. Participants may receive a new wristband at the Central Post (Bonnefantenstraat 2), upon presentation of the damaged, however complete INKOM wristband, to be determined by the organization.
Article 4 House Rules INKOM all locations and MECC Parties
1. Visitors are required to show a valid ID and Student Identity Card upon request.
2. Visitors may be searched prior to or during the event. If visitors do not co-operate, they will be denied access.
3. It is not permitted to carry (hard) liquor or dangerous objects (such as weapons, fireworks, aerosols, sprays, tins, glass etc.) or food to the event. These will be confiscated and will not be returned.
4. It is not permitted to possess or drink alcoholic beverages <18 years. If possession or drinking is detected <18 years, exclusion from the entire INKOM will follow, with no possibility for refund (partial or total) of the registration or entry fee.
5. Trade in and use or possession any kind of drugs is not permitted. Drugs will be confiscated and handed over to the police and will not be returned. The organization will file a police report. If trade, use or possession is detected, exclusion from the entire INKOM will follow, with no possibility for refund (partial or total) of the registration or entry fee.
6. It is not permitted to possess or smoke tobacco products when you are <18 years.
7. It is not permitted to smoke in the indoor locations. Smoking is allowed only in designated areas.
8. It is not permitted to carry professional (digital) cameras, cameras with a lens >70 mm, video- and / or sound equipment.
9. Objects may –under some circumstances- be confiscated and returned upon leaving the venue, all at the discretion of the organization and/or security.
10. It is not permitted to take (pet) animals or bicycles to or inside the location or venue.
11. Visitors must follow all instructions, orders and bans of the organization and/or security or they will be denied access.
12. Visitors shall not jeopardize public order and safety in any way, or they will be denied access.
13. Visitors may not express themselves through, for example, costumes, clothing or attire which can be interpreted as offensive or undesirable or they will be denied access.
14. Visitors shall not display undesirable behaviour (such as bullying, sexual intimidation, aggression and violence, menacing behavior, stalking, unequal treatment or discrimination) or they will be denied access.
15. Vehicles / bicycles are to be parked in the designated spaces only. Wrongly parked vehicles / bicycles will be removed. The organization is not liable in any way for any damages caused by the removal of wrongly parked vehicles / bicycles.
16. The organization is not liable for any loss, damage or theft of personal property.
17. It is forbidden to climb on attributes or scaffolds.
18. Visitors who cause damage to properties of the INKOM/MECC/INKOM-locations will be held liable for all damages and costs and will be reported to the police.
19. Entering the event terrain is at your own risk. The organization can not be held liable for any injury and/or material or immaterial damage, except in case of intent, significant blame or gross negligence on the side of the organization.
20. Photos or videos that feature visitors may be shown on a ‘public source’ (such as internet, social media etc.).
21. If a visitor is denied access, entry fees will not be refunded.
22. With regards to situations not covered by the house rules, decisions are at the organization’s discretion; the organization’s decision is binding.
Article 5 Alcohol policy
- During the INKOM, participants are to obey the rules regarding the 'Drank- en Horecawet'. This means that persons under the age of 18 are not allowed to drink alcohol.
- Participants are ought to be aware of the content of this policy by accepting this condition.
- All participants will receive an age wristband after presenting a valid ID to one of the INKOM desks. These wristbands will qualify participants as either 18+ or 18- through their respective colours.
- Participants are ought to wear an age wristband at all times. These age wristbands are obtained at the Registrations. In case of loss of an age wristband, the participant is responsible for retrieving a new wristband from the organization.
- At ‘Horeca Exploitatie Punten’ (bar) of the INKOM, it is only possible to order alcoholic drinks in possession of a 18+ age wristband. No alcohol will be given to participants without an age wristband or with a 18- wristband.
- The consumption of alcoholic drinks is not permitted for participants with a 18- age wristband.
- Persons of 18 years or older are not allowed to get, pour or make alcohol available for other participants that are not allowed to drink alcohol.
- In case of fraud or illegitimate use of the age wristband, the participant in question will be excluded from participating in the INKOM, unless decided by Workgroup INKOM otherwise.
- Participants that do not obey the regulations that are mentioned above will be addressed. The workgroup INKOM will decide upon the consequences of the violated rules. When a participant has not yet reached the age of 18, the INKOM organization may contact the parents/caretakers of the participant.
Article 6 Liability
- Participation in the INKOM is at the participant’s own risk. The organization cannot be held liable for any injury and/or damage, material or immaterial, except in cases of intent, serious misconduct or gross omission of the organization.
- The organization is not liable for indirect and/or consequential injuries and/or damages suffered by the participant. Indirect and consequential injury and/or damage include material and immaterial injury and/or damage.
- Participants should take care themselves to register for an adequate accident, injury and liability insurance.
- Participant indemnifies the organization from any liability of damages caused by the acts or omissions of third parties.
- Neither party is liable for a breach of these ‘Terms and Conditions INKOM Participation’, if it is the result of force majeure, even if the organization receives any advantage as a result of force majeure. Force majeure shall mean any circumstance out of the will of the organization, thus partially or wholly preventing its obligations to participants or by which the fulfillment of its obligations cannot be required from the organization, whether these circumstances or events were foreseen or foreseeable at the time of acceptance. These circumstances or events include, in any case but are not limited to: war, fire, storms/tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, labor disputes, strikes, epidemics, student mourning, government regulations and/or similar regulations, embargoes, non-compliance by suppliers or other third-parties.
Article 7 Refund/Cancellation
- In case any INKOM event does not proceed due to force majeure (as stated in article 5, paragraph 5), the organization does not provide reimbursement or compensation, in any form whatsoever. Nor can the participant claim access to another event as replacement.
- The organization does not, in principle, provide reimbursement or compensation, in any form whatsoever, of participation fees. In case of serious circumstances, the organization can consider on a participant’s request. The Workgroup INKOM reserves the final decision about possible, and the value of, reimbursement or compensation. Reimbursement requests ought to be send in before the 13th of September 2019, three weeks after the INKOM. Later requests will not be taken into consideration.
Article 8 Property
- Any commercial use of the name and/or logo of the organization and/or its event is strictly prohibited, except when the written consent of the Workgroup INKOM has been given.
- Participating parties are not allowed to promote themselves on, or in sight of, INKOM event locations, unless otherwise agreed with the Workgroup INKOM.
Article 9 Privacy
Article 10 Final Provision
- For complaints or comments, an email can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In case one or more obligations of these ‘Terms and Conditions INKOM Participation’ are declared void or are considered voidable, the remaining provisions of these terms remain in full force. The organization will determine new obligations as replacements of these voidable obligations, in which the character of the agreed on obligations will be taken into account.
- These Terms and Conditions may only be waived by a written decision of the Workgroup INKOM, which is signed by the Workgroup INKOM.
- To these Terms and Conditions and all legal relationships that may exist between the Workgroup INKOM and participants only the Dutch law is applicable.
- In case of disputes, parties will always consult first, in order to resolve the dispute amicably. If parties do not succeed, despite their efforts, a settlement will be reached by the Court of Limburg.